Wal-Mart wants to ally with Humana to enter the medical insurance
- Humana Dental Insurance News before May Medical insurance company insurance figures 182
A few days ago.
- According to the news, retail giant Walmart is currently in early negotiations .
- with the US health insurance company Hamana Inc.or will discuss cooperation and even the acquisition of Hamena.
- Harmony is one of the largest health insurance companies in the United States. Founded in 1964, it is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- The company offers a wide range of medical health services, including medical insurance, group life insurance, dental insurance, etc.
- It also manages some government Medicaid programs and is the second largest provider of federal health insurance.
- Analysts said that if they buy Harmony, the transaction value could reach $50 billion. Currently, the market value of Hamena is approximately $38.8 billion.
Wal-Mart’s layout in the medical field can be described as frequent.
- According to foreign media reports, some sources revealed on April 2, local time, Wal-Mart is negotiating with online pharmacy.
- Startup PillPack and discussing the acquisition. Before this, Wal-Mart has acquired some chain pharmacies.
The e-commerce giant Amazon is also eyeing medical insurance.
- Earlier this year, Amazon, Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, and JP Morgan Chase jointly announced plans to establish together an independent.
- Medical insurance company to provide medical insurance services to its employees and their families.
- Retailers and e-commerce are pouring into the medical insurance industry. Is it a “shark” or a “squid”?
- In this regard, some industry analysts predict that this will disrupt the original industry structure, or lead to the emergence of the “squid effect.”
In the future, mergers and acquisitions in the US healthcare insurance industry will intensify.
- A senior analyst in the pharmaceutical industry who did not want to be named said, “E-commerce and retailers have many advantages in entering the medical insurance industry.
- but it is too early to say that it completely replaces traditional medical insurance.
- The analyst believes that medical insurance is a massive capital industry, and the industry has developed early, and the market has been fully occupied.
- At the same time, for consumers, it is more critical to the industry’s reputation and time accumulation, so the industry has significant barriers to entry, even if it is difficult to subvert.
- Yan Guozhu, a professor at the Capital University of Economics and Business, said that the entry of such new capital would have an impact on the traditional medical insurance industry in the United States.